Tuesday, February 9, 2010

hot stuff

This was supposed to be for Trev's grandma. Her favourite colour is green, so I pulled out an array of greens from my stash and began piecing. I was really pleased with the pieced front part, but when I stitched the layers together, things went pear-shaped.


It's at times like this that I wish I was truly talented. I get so many ideas for things I want to make, but the execution of those ideas always falls short. Still, all I can do is keep trying, so that's what I'll do.
I was afraid that my gift would be late if I tried to make another potholder, so she got these covered button magnets instead.


At least they're green. And as a grandma and great-grandma, she has an abundance of pictures on her fridge, so cute magnets are a must!

2 comments:

Rebecca Northcott said...

Sian the pot holder is gorgeous Id be more than happy to recieve that its a lovely idea!!! and you DID do it well everything you do on here your WAY talented!!

leah jane said...

ooh, those magnets are super adorable.