The thing that still amazes me is that Trev had no idea that this was coming. I managed to complete the whole thing in my spare time (!) during the day while he was at work.
After sewing in all the ends (whew), I opted to crochet the squares together, using this great tutorial. Lucy is amazing!
I actually love the ridges it creates on the reverse side. Kinda makes it seem more rugged, don't you think?
The blanket measures about 50 inches by 45 inches.
- I wish I'd have followed advice to sew ends in as I went along. That was a boring task and almost became my downfall.
- I enjoyed buying the yarn on sale but it did lead to a rather un-coordinated colour scheme. Next time, I think I will plan it out and buy yarn in advance.
- I'll also play around with hook sizes- the fabric of this blanket is quite thick and heavy. I think it would be fun to do something lighter-weight.
- I also think it would be fun to do something very colourful, like this, maybe. Obviously wouldn't have worked as a Manly Blanket, but I do believe I'm next in line for an afghan.
- Trev likes it, and he uses it, which is what I was going for :-)